ASG Jr. Academy was created for motivated young players who are keen to accelerate their understanding of the game and take it to the next level. Licensed coaches will offer age-appropriate technical training, twice a week and a 6-8 game season. This program will maximize the training time for our players in a safe, competitive and educational environment.
August 24 – November 14
- September: 12, 19, 26
- October: 3, 10, 17, 24
Weekdays 10/26 - 10/29,
- November: 11/7
- Most Jr. Academy teams will play 4v4 plus a goalkeeper (in some instances games will be played without goalkeepers)
- Some Jr. Academy teams will be selected to move up and play 7v7, these teams are invite only (see FAQ's)
- $255 Season fee
- $50 Annual registration fee (collected once per soccer year)
* No refunds, program credit only
- 1 Green training shirt (for Monday group training) is provided for every new player
- Red or Gold training shirt can be purchased through the office
- Game uniforms are ordered through soccer.com (see FAQ's)
The Fall Classic tournament is scheduled for (dates coming soon). For planning purposes mark your calendars for 1 game Friday night and 2 games Saturday afternoon.
Jr. Academy runs all year with four separate seasons:
- Fall: August – November
- Winter: December – February
- Spring: February – May
- Summer: June
You only register and pay for one season at a time.
Jr. Academy is a family centered, player first program designed to educate and develop individual players AND parents.
- This program will give your child access to competitive games at the U7 and U8 age groups.
- Jr. Academy players that are ready for a step up will be placed on 7v7 teams to increase their level of competition and continued development. (See FAQ's for more information)
- Your daughter will play on an all girls team.
- Your son will play on an all boys team.
- On Mondays all players participate in co-ed group training.
- 10-12 week training program
- Jr. Academy training last 75 minutes
- Monday Group training at 5:30
- Team training (Wednesday or Thursday)
- At least 6 regular season games
- Plus season ending tournament
- Seasonal games are scheduled for Saturday mornings or during team training (if necessary)
Click below to see FAQ's about the Jr. Academy Program
Jr. Academy players will participate in a technical group training session led by Coach Chris Levan and Coach Andrew Warner - every Monday from 5:30-6:45.
All players will select their team training day and time slot during registration.
Currently those options are - Wednesdays or Thursdays at either the 4:00-5:15 time slot or the 5:30-6:45 time slot.
Teams will be formed based on your selection for your team training time. If you want to be with a friend, please make sure you sign up for the same team training session. (Just a reminder, teammate and coach requests are not guaranteed.)
1. Age appropriate developmental curriculum, including 20 foundation skills that young players must acquire.
2. Dynamic HEADS UP training which focuses on movement education, balance, agility and coordination.
3. Fundamental introduction to partner training and 1v1 transition play, the building blocks for teaching soccer tactics (decision making).
4. Introduction to positional play through small sided games. Introduction to tactics and playing experience for all positions on the field.
5. Creation of a fun, challenging, learning environment where players are introduced to the rules of the game and develop friendships both on and off the field.
There are no try outs for Jr. Academy. If you are not sure whether your child is ready to participate just contact Coach Chris.
Teams are divided by gender and birth year (use this age chart for clarification) we do our best to fulfill your registration requests (training day, time, player and coach request)
All players need a water bottle, shinguards and a soccer ball
(5v5 games use a size 3 ball and 7v7 games use a size 4)
Games schedules for the first game day are usually released the first week of each season. The rest of the season schedule will not be released until after the first game day (This helps us ensure that teams are matched against appropriate competition).
A few important things to keep in mind regarding game schedules:
a) Schedules are subject to change, sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances (teams dropping out, weather etc.) we have to alter your opponent or even game time. We will email you and post the updated schedule on our website.
b) Sometimes game days/times are inconvenient, but please keep in mind this is often due to something out of our control. We share the meadows complex with multiple other organizations and are only allotted certain fields at specific times. Games are also dependent on coaching conflicts (some of our coaches have many teams) and Referee availability.
Junior Academy uses the same game uniform as the D1 and Classic programs (this way you don't have to buy a new one when you move up). The package comes with a red jersey, a white jersey, black shorts and black socks. We don't require you to purchase any of the add ons so these uniform packages are generally around $90.
These are ordered through soccer.com. All you need to do is contact coach Morgan, either by calling the office or emailing her at email@example.com . Let her know your child's name and the program they play in (Junior Academy). She will then send you a link from soccer.com - from there you just input your player's size and your shipping address!
The U.S. Soccer Federation suggests that players at the U7-U8 age groups play small sided games in the 4v4 format. We completely agree, however there are always exceptions.
Players are invited to 7v7 teams by the program director upon meeting certain criteria:
1) Players must be in the U8 or U9 age groups.
2) Players must have been in the Jr. Academy program for at least one season
3) The program director must see the player and talk with the team coach and parents.
*If your child does not meet these criteria and you think they should be considered please contact Coach Chris.
At Warner/ASG we believe soccer is an all-weather sport. If it were up to us we'd play through rain every time. However, the Meadows complex is owned by the City of Tallahassee and they are responsible for deciding when the fields are playable. We do our absolute best to relay information regarding field closures to our families in a timely manner.
We ensure that each team gets a minimum of 6 regular season games and based on availability of fields, coaches open days during the season make up trainings are scheduled whenever possible.
Based on availability of coaches and fields Jr. Academy will often have Friday evening make-up training.