This program is for anyone who wants to play soccer and improve their skills in a fun-centered enjoyable environment. Teams are divided by birth year (and requests). Warner Recreation teams practice once each week and play games on Saturdays during the season.
The purpose of recreational soccer is to provide an opportunity for participants to have fun, learn the sport of soccer and develop life skills, including teamwork, follow directions, making friends and hopefully a life long love of the game.
Recreation runs four seasons:
- Fall: August – November
- Winter: December – February
- Spring: February – May
- Summer: June
You only register and pay for one season at a time.
- Our head coaches are not volunteers.
- Your child will have access to a licensed coach.
- Your player can join a team with their friends, regardless of gender.
- Your player will have team training on their preselected training day.
- Training is once per week.
- Training lasts 60 minutes
All recreation teams play a minimum of eight games during the season
Click below to see FAQ's about the Recreation Program
- October 20th - December 12th
6, 7, 13, 14, 20
4, 5, 11, 12
- Fall Season: September- November
- Winter Season: December – February
- Spring Season: February – May
- Summer Season: June
- U7/U8 play 5v5 with goalkeepers or 4v4 without goalkeepers
-U9/U10 play 7v7 with goalkeepers
-U11/U12 play 9v9 with goalkeepers
-U13 (and over) play 11v11 with goalkeepers
- $100 per season (includes FYSA registration, field rental, game fees, referee costs)
* No refunds, program credit only
- There is no specified training uniform
- Game uniforms: $35 for two jerseys (one red, one white), black shorts and black socks (see FAQ's for more info)
Players are 6-14 years old.
All Recreation players need a water bottle, shinguards and a soccer ball
U7-U8: size 3
U9-U12: size 4
U13+: size 5
*Cleats are suggested by not required*
Players are grouped by age to provide an environment that is safe for them physically and emotionally. The age that we begin accepting players into the program is not arbitrary. This is the age most players are typically physically ready and mature enough to handle the Rec Program.
We do accept younger players on a case by case basis. Contact the program director
Teams are divided by birth year, see this age chart for clarification. we do our best to fulfill your team requests (training day, time, player and coach request).
Recreation teams are coed; All ASG programs are single-gendered teams.
We frequently have groups of 10 or more that want to join the Rec Program as a group. If you have a school group, religious group, or just about any group that would like to join together, contact Coach Bev so arrangements can be made.
Absolutely! Whatever your background, school choice, experience, etc. team sports are a great way to encourage physical activity and social development. Please contact Coach Bev so we can discuss the best fit for your child in our program.
Game uniforms can be purchased during registration (or by calling our office)
Uniforms can be picked up at the concessions stand during the first week of training (unless rain out or extenuating circumstances).