Signed in as:
Signed in as:
For Less Challenging Session: Expand this box to a 5x5’ try to keep the ball in your frame, focus on the technique, don’t worry about matching the speed in the video
For Core Session: try this session in a 2x2’ box, pick up the speed a bit and work on keeping your head up as much as possible
For More Challenging Session: You have two options:
1) Keep the box 1x1, you must keep your head up at all times and try to match or beat his speed with each technique.
2) Expand the box to a 5x5 and do all of these skills while moving, forward, backwards and sideways; for example, the scissor move you would need to tap the ball forwards and try the scissor movement while the ball is moving
Dynamic Warm up – (rest in between each activity for 15-30 seconds)
-Jumping Jacks (45 seconds)
-Jog in place (or slow jog around your yard) (60 seconds)
-Elbow to opposite knee (45 Seconds) (while standing, bring right knee up, bring left elbow across body, bring knee down, switch to opposite knee and elbow)
-Lunges (10 each leg) try not let your knee touch the ground!
-Toe Touches (10 seconds x 2 reps) Put feet together, keep legs straight, slowly reach down as far you can with your hands.
- Quad Stretch (10 seconds x 2 reps) While standing straight up, bring right heel back and grab foot with right hand, lightly lean forward to where you can feel stretch. Switch legs
Individual Juggling – 10 Minutes
1) For beginner players, See how many juggles you can get with using only one bounce in between each juggle. Aim to get to as many juggles as the players years old.
Juggling Pattern: Right foot, bounce, left foot, bounce etc.
2) For intermediate players, Aim to get as many juggles as possible without the ball hitting the ground. If the ball does hit the ground, try to keep juggling off the bounce.
Juggling Pattern: right foot, left foot, right thigh, left thigh, right foot, left foot, right thigh, left thigh etc.
3) For advanced players, See how many different parts of the body you can use in a juggling sequence. If the ball hits the ground, try to keep juggling off the bounce.
Juggling Pattern: Right foot, Left foot, chest control, right thigh, left thigh, right foot, left foot, chest control, right thigh, left thigh etc.
Get creative with these juggling combinations! Challenge yourself! If it is too easy, move to the next level.
Box Training ( 1YD x 1YD, 2YD x 2YD or 5YD x 5YD ) – 60 seconds for each activity (2 reps)
Stay inside the box
Scissor without touching ball (Move feet around ball in a scissor motion, inside to outside, without touching ball) (Check social media #playathome challenge day 11)
Toe Taps Stationary (bottom of foot to top of ball repeatedly) (0:14)
Toe Taps in Motion (toe taps while slowly going forward then backwards within box) (5:53)
Bell Taps Stationary (inside of foot touching ball towards opposite foot from side to side repeatedly) (0:53)
Bell Taps in Motion (Bell taps well slowly moving forward and backwards within box) (5:18)
Forward/Backward Rolls (roll ball back and forth with bottom of your foot - switch feet halfway) (1:30)
Left/Right Rolls (roll ball left then right with bottom of your foot – switch feet halfway) (1:43)
Roll Flicks (roll ball to each foot switching feet) (1:57)
Pullback to laces (pull back with bottom if foot-laces to push in front of you -repeatedly) (2:13)
Coach Chris’s V Cut pattern (pull back with bottom of foot behind opposite foot, use inside of foot to put behind, switch feet repeated) (4:49) (Check our social media as well!)
Outside / Inside alternating feet (Outside of foot touches then inside with opposite foot outside of foot then inside) (6:12)
Juggle while staying in box (3:29)
Practice your own dribbling patterns and skill moves
- Strides (3 reps): (Depending on your available space you might need to skip this one) Divide your space into three segments ideally each segment is 10-15 yards long. You will run across all three segments for 1 rep; each segment will run at a different pace. 1st segment run 60% of your top speed, 2nd segment run 70%, and final segment run 80%.
-Spread both legs out with soccer ball in between, roll ball out while keeping legs in place with hands. (Hold this position for 10 seconds)
-Roll ball back between legs as far as you can with legs still touching the ball while legs are still spread out. (Hold this position for 10 seconds)
-While legs are still spread out, roll ball towards your right leg, then left leg (Hold at each leg for 10 seconds)
-While legs are spread out, roll ball in a figure-8 motion around each leg with your hands. (around right leg, through legs, around left leg, through legs etc. (30 seconds)